This policy sets out how we use and protect Personal Information we collect about you when you use this website. “Personal Data” is any information that identifies you or that can be linked to you. You are not under any statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with Personal Data.
Who we are
One Haus is the trading name of One Haus Ltd, a privately-owned UK company.
What Personal Data we may hold and process about you
Personal Data you provide One Haus
We may hold any information you provide to us including your e-mail address, user account details, information you provide to us in ValueMyCV and information contained in your CV. We may also store details of your job applications, job searching preferences and standard browsing data (including for example IP address, referring websites, browser software and operating system).
Personal Data from third-party websites
One Haus may also be provided with information when you sign up or apply for jobs with third-party websites. This information may relate to activity measurement (for example through the use of a tracking pixel) or where the third-party has obtained your consent to send you job email alerts and contracts One Haus to do this on their behalf. Your relationship with any third-party website is governed purely by your agreement with them.
The purposes of the processing
Our use of Personal Data may include some or all of the following:
- Sending you important information which we believe you would reasonably expect. This may include for example changes to our Terms and Conditions or other important product or service news
- Carrying out your request to submit a job application
- Delivering to you any job email alerts you have requested from us
- Personalising your job search experience. For example, we may use your work or search history to help show you the most relevant jobs
- Where you have explicitly consented to it, contacting you about relevant jobs based on your CV and/or other Personal Data in accordance with your preferences
- Identifying and resolving any complaints or requests for data access or correction
- Managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures
- With your consent, we use automated decision-making and artificial intelligence (AI) methods to provide you with insight about Personal Data contained within your CV
- To provide targeted, personalised, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties
The lawful basis for the processing
In certain cases, such as the delivery of job alerts by email or contacting you about relevant jobs based on your CV, One Haus relies on your explicit (opt-in) consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by going to your account settings or by unsubscribing from related email communication.
One Haus will process your Personal Data where there is a legitimate interest. This may include, for example, emailing you about changes to our products or Terms & Conditions.
Performance of a contract
One Haus may hold contracts with third parties where One Haus is acting as a Data Processor. In these cases One Haus may have a contractual obligation to use your Personal Data in a way that you have consented to with the third party. For example, One Haus may deliver job email alerts to you under contract from a third party.
Compliance with a legal obligation
Legal obligations can arise where it is necessary for One Haus to process Personal Data. For example, One Haus may be required to retain records for certain periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
Recipients of Personal Data
Third party service providers
One Haus may use third-party service providers for operations and to help us protect our users. Examples of such providers include but are not limited to MailChimp, Google and Amazon Web Services. In these cases we may need to share your Personal Data with them. More information about how Google will use your personal data can be found on Google’s Privacy and Terms site. These third parties act as Data Processors for One Haus and can only process Personal Data for the purpose stated in our contract with them. They must also comply with all applicable data protection laws.
If you apply for a job directly through One Haus then we may send your Personal Data to the Advertiser (for example an end employer or a Post an Ad Advertiser). Advertisers agree to comply with our Terms & Conditions and all of their responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
International transfer of Personal Data
Some Personal Data we hold is transferred internationally to third parties to jurisdictions outside of the EEA or to countries and territories not covered by the UK’s current adequacy regulations. In this situation we ensure that the processing of Personal Data is safeguarded either through the inclusion of SCCs (standard contractual clauses) in our contract with the third parties, or through other contractual clauses authorised by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Storage of your Personal Data
If you do not use One Haus or interact with our services for a significant period of time, we will delete some or all of your Personal Data from our site. Our criteria for deletion is determined according to the frequency of interactions observed and the nature of the Personal Data.
Your rights to manage your Personal Data
Rights of Access, Data Portability and Rectification
The majority of your Personal Data can be viewed on One Haus’s website when you are signed in to your account. Here you can also edit and rectify any errors. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data please write to us at the address given below or use our online contact form.
Right to erasure
You can erase your Personal Data at any time. If you receive email alerts, you can delete these within your account or from the link within the emails. If you have an account with a password you can individually delete any CV(s) you may have uploaded by going to the MyOne Haus section of your account. You can also delete your entire One Haus account here.
Right to Object or Restrict Processing
If you wish to make a formal request to object to, or restrict, processing of your Personal Data then you can use our online contact form. Please provide us with the email address associated with your account. We may subsequently need to ask for copies of identification such as passport or driving licence.
How we safeguard your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which is saved on your computer by a website. Cookies are typically used on your subsequent visits to a website and they enable it to remember information about your preferences. Generally, cookies do not contain personally identifiable information. Included within the definition of cookies are Locally Stored Objects ("Flash Cookies"), and HTML5 Local Storage. More information about cookies, including how to delete and control them, can be found here:www.aboutcookies.org. One Haus uses the following types of cookie:
- Cookies set by us: we use these to improve your user experience, for example by saving your recent searches so you can access them again easily or by saving your password to automatically log you into your One Haus account
- Third party cookies and technologies: these primarily enable us to track the performance of our website which helps us improve the service we provide (for example through Google Analytics which collects anonymous statistical data about pages visited). We may also share information about you with intermediaries, which allows third parties to show you personalised advertising. These intermediaries and products may include but are not limited to: Google (AdWords, Customer Match), Facebook (Custom Audiences), and Outbrain.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you decline cookies, you may lose functionality or features of the One Haus website.